Entertainment

R. Kelly Shocks Fans: Claims He Recorded 25 Albums Behind Bars!

Three years into a 30-year sentence for 𝓈ℯ𝓍 trafficking and racketeering, R. Kelly broke his silence this week during a seven-minute phone call into the Inmate Tea With A&P podcast, in which the disgraced former R&B star claimed that he’s written more than two dozen albums since his imprisonment in 2022.

Kelly called in on a monitored prison phone line and told the show’s hosts that he was told he was supposed to sing someone “Happy Birthday,” as the two women giggled and referred to the 58-year-old singer born Robert Sylvester Kelly as the “King of R&B,” as well as by his once honorific title: “the Pied Piper of R&B.”

Saying he was feeling “great,” Kelly broke into the opening lines of his 1998 song “When a Woman’s Fed Up,” singing a cappella as one of the hosts danced in her seat, laughed and enthusiastically sang back-up vocals. Asked if he’s continued to used his talents while incarcerated, the vocalist — whose daughter, Buku Abi, now 26, claimed in a documentary last year that her father had 𝓈ℯ𝓍ually abused her as a child, claims his lawyer denied — referred to singing as “a beautiful disease that’s uncurable. That’s not gonna happen, not singing.”

In fact, Kelly, claimed that he’s written “like 25 albums” since he was sentenced to three decades in prison in 2021 following a conviction on racketeering and 𝓈ℯ𝓍 trafficking charges; in 2022, Kelly was also convicted of three counts of 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual exploitation enticement of a minor child via production of child pornography as well as three counts of coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in criminal 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual activity.

Before his sentence, Kelly was known for his prolific nature, releasing 18 studio albums from 1992 through 2016 as well as 33 chapters in his bizarre “Trapped in the Closet” musical soap opera series between 2005 and 2012.

In addition to writing songs from his cell at a federal prison in North Carolina, Kelly said he’s working on trying to get out of prison so he can get back to “what it is God gave me, my talent.” Last month, Manhattan’s 2nd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals rejected Kelly’s bid to appeal his New York conviction, which, given the singer’s age, could keep him locked up into his 80s if he serves the full term.

Kelly was long dogged by allegations of 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual and physical abuse of women, as well as an illegal marriage in 1994 to a then-15-year-old Aaliyah when he was 27. He was accused in 2017 of holding half a dozen women hostage, some allegedly underage, as part of what was described as a “cult,” in which he allegedly controlled every aspect of their lives, from when they ate and bathed to how they dressed and when they had 𝓈ℯ𝓍 with him.

Multiple women later came forward to claim that Kelly 𝓈ℯ𝓍ually and physically abused them, including a number who spoke for the first time in public about his alleged abuse in the bombshell Surviving R. Kelly series; Kelly and his legal team have denied the allegations.

Related Posts

Alec Baldwin lost an $86 million sponsorship deal after calling Elon Musk a “damn idiot” and saying, “I can’t live here for 4 years.

Iп aп unexpected twist iп the worlds of Hollywood aпd bυsiпess, actor Αlec Baldwiп has foυпd himself embroiled iп coпtroversy after his pυblic commeпts aboυt tech mogυl Eloп…

KISS OF LIFE Faces Backlash Over Controversial Live Broadcast Agency Issues Apology

K-pop girl group KISS OF LIFE has come under fire after a controversial live broadcast celebrating member Julie’s birthday. The event, which had an “old-school hip-hop vibes” dress…

NewJeans Stays Silent in Court, But Fans Roar Louder Than Ever

On the morning of April 3, the Seoul Central District Court’s Civil Agreement Division 41 (Presiding Judge Jeong Hoe-il) held the first hearing in the lawsuit filed by…

Young Thug Breaks His Silence — But Prosecutors Slam the Door Shut

Recently, Young Thug allegedly shared a tweet calling Fulton County Investigator Marissa Viverito the “biggest liar in the DA office. ” It’s only been a few months since…

Kanye Declares War: ‘Vultures 1’ Isn’t Just an Album—It’s WW3

Kanye West shared a tracklist full of characteristically absurd song titles on social media on Thursday morning. He shared a track list for a new album titled, WW3, on X (formerly Twitter) early Thursday morning. While he didn’t confirm a release date in the post, DJ Akademiks reports that it will be dropping by surprise earlier than fans may expect. “New Ye album dropping tomorrow. WW3,” he wrote on X with fire emojis. The tracklist features a total of 11 songs, most of which have absurd names such as “Cosby,” “Virgil Let Me Down,” and more. Fans in the comments of Akademiks’ post don’t appear too excited about Kanye West’s announcement. “Ye really went from a legendary figure to dropping songs with Dave blunts,” one user wrote. Another added: “This is by far the most DIABOLICAL tracklist I’ve ever laid my eyes on.” Kanye West New Album Release Date As of 9:00 AM, EST, Kanye West has not released the WW3 album, but he’s built quite a reputation for being unreliable about release dates over the years. The announcement comes as West has been incessantly making headlines for his controversial antics online. He recently went on one rant about the late Virgil Abloh, who it seems he’ll be dissing again on the new album. After having complained about him during an interview with DJ Akademiks, last weekend, West elaborated in a post on X on Wednesday. He wrote: “Imagine a n****a steal your dream and is given your crown because he ain’t wear a red hat and then the culture you built mad at you speaking up. My own friends that knew how bad it hurt me came tryna check me for speaking up. I hate when n****s try to tell me what the f*** I can say.”   Xem bài viết này trên Instagram   Bài viết do DJ Akademiks (@akademiks) chia sẻ The WW3 news also arrives shortly after Kanye West dropped his highly-anticipated album, Bully, last month. He dropped that project by surprise alongside a short film directed by Hype Williams.

J Prince Weighs In: The Epic Clash Between 50 Cent and Rick Ross Heats Up Over Millennium Tour Drama!

In a recent turn of events in the ongoing feud between hip-hop titans 50 Cent and Rick Ross, J Prince has weighed in on the drama, highlighting the…