News Sport

Randy Moss reveals he has cancer and can’t walk without a cane in heartbreaking health update

NFL legend Randy Moss has revealed he is battling cancer in a heartbreaking Instagram Live video, after weeks of fans’ speculating about his mystery illness.

The Vikings icon took to social media on Friday afternoon to share the devastating news, telling his followers he has been in hospital for the past six days – and revealing the truth behind his health problems.

Moss, who has stepped back from his ESPN duties while he undergoes treatment, also explained that he currently cannot walk without a cane.

In the Instagram Live video, a frail Moss can be seen hobbling into shot, wearing a ‘Team Moss’ shirt, before revealing: ‘I’ve told y’all over the last couple of weeks about me battling something internally, and ya boy is a cancer survivor.’

Later in the clip, he reveals: ‘I did have cancer, they found it in the bile duct, right between the pancreas and the liver, and the cancer was sitting right outside the bile duct.

‘So my doctors went in, I had six hours’ surgery, and for a lot of you guys wondering, you can Google it. I had a Whipple procedure. The best doctor in the United States, Dr [John] Martinie, I am forever grateful.’

Randy Moss has told fans he is battling cancer and has spent the last six days in hospital

Moss hobbled into shot using his cane at the start of the video on  Instagram on Friday

Moss wore sunglasses on his last ESPN appearance as he opened up on his ‘internal’ issue

Moss later went on to tell his fans that he is ‘nursing his way back’, revealing: ‘It’s going to be a tough road with some chemo and some radiation.’

It is unclear whether Moss is now cancer-free, or whether he is still receiving treatment in a bid to remove the cancerous cells from his body.

In the social media clip, Moss also took time to thank various people for their support, beginning: ‘I just want to give a shout out to a lot of people that really helped me pull through this. I’ve been in the hospital for six days, I just got out today, thank God.

‘So first and foremost I’d just like to thank God for blessing me and my family through this trying time, and me being able to come out of this surgery, and fight and battle the cancer.’

Moss went on to name each of his doctors personally, before adding: ‘The best that Charlotte has to offer man, I appreciate it. Some of the best around the whole country.

Moss paid tribute to his wife and the rest of his family during his Instagram Live video

Last month, fans were concerned for Moss as they saw his eyes appearing yellow on TV

‘Man, those prayer warriors. I felt all the prayers coming through, I really did. I was looking at my social media while I was in the hospital, but you prayer warriors, all my teammates, I seen everything you guys tweeted at me. I really felt that, my family felt that, and we are definitely grateful.’

The former wide receiver then began to explain his ‘Team Moss’ shirt, urging fans to help donate to his cause, with ‘most of the proceeds going to Cancer Research’.

Moss then thanked his ESPN crew for their support, and claimed that ‘as soon as I’m back healthy, I’ll be back out there with you guys, I promise you… I will be on set.’

The NFL legend then referenced the online speculation over his illness, which culminated in his own son slamming the ‘disgusting’ claim by Larry Fitzgerald Sr. that he was battling liver cancer.

In his Instagram message, Moss paid tribute to his ESPN colleagues and said he’d be back

Moss is a Minnesota Vikings legend, who was previously inducted into the Ring of Honor

‘There were a few people out here trying to be doctors that really weren’t doctors, and those clowns I won’t acknowledge,’ Moss continued.

‘I went through a procedure and I told you guys last week about getting checked, getting scans, getting bloodwork, that’s not just for males… females, everyone.

‘You’ve got to be able to check your ego at the door, man. When I was in the hospital, looking at my boys’ faces, my beautiful wife’s face, you filled me with so much joy, I just need to get back to my family… Like I said, man, just being able to pull through and my family gave me so much strength.’

Moss is a six-time Pro Bowler, former Offensive Rookie of the Year, Comeback Player of the Year, and Minnesota Vikings Ring of Honor member.

Related Posts

Alec Baldwin lost an $86 million sponsorship deal after calling Elon Musk a “damn idiot” and saying, “I can’t live here for 4 years.

Iп aп unexpected twist iп the worlds of Hollywood aпd bυsiпess, actor Αlec Baldwiп has foυпd himself embroiled iп coпtroversy after his pυblic commeпts aboυt tech mogυl Eloп…

Elon Musk decides to gift Alysa Liu a Tesla after she becomes the first American woman in 19 years to win the world figure skating championship

In a heartwarming and unexpected move, Elon Musk has decided to gift Alysa Liu, the newly crowned World Figure Skating Champion, a brand-new Tesla after her historic victory….

Rafael Nadal shocked the entire world by rejecting Elon Musk’s $10 million offer: “Keep it and use it for something that truly helps people!”

In a jaw-dropping move, tennis legend Rafael Nadal has stunned the world by turning down a generous $10 million offer from none other than tech mogul Elon Musk….

Novak Djokovic fue visto con una extraña lesión en el ojo durante la impactante derrota en Miami, y la estrella del tenis se negó a revelar cómo sucedió.

Novak Djokovic  mantuvo el silencio sobre la lesión que aparentemente padecía al ser derrotado en la final del Abierto de Miami. Después de avanzar cómodamente a la final del…

Serena Williams Tries on the Jean Skirt She Couldn’t Wear Prior to Weight Loss: ‘Will It or Will It Not Fit?’

Serena Williams is ending 2024 by celebrating a big milestone. The tennis champ, 43, has been documenting her weight loss journey on Instagram after giving birth to her second daughter, Adira River,…

Carlos Alcaraz ganó 2,35 millones de libras por ganar Wimbledon, pero aún vive con mamá y papá en un piso encima de una tienda de KEBAB

El número 1 del mundo Carlos Alcaraz volverá a vivir en el piso de sus padres encima de una tienda de kebab, incluso después de ganar 2,35 MILLONES…